Pages

Search blog and web

Oh Boy....It's complicated

Hi all, I'm new to posting but I've been reading a ton on here the last 6 weeks while going through a separation with my husband of only 5 years.

We're 29 and have been together 10 years total. We have a two year old daughter and while she is amazing and we love her very much, I think our marriage has been dying a slow and painful death since we became parents- I'm a SAHM and admittedly am a bit resentful that H isn't a very involved parent, he is at work basically all day every day. Our sex life dwindled down to nothing, I couldn't even tell you when we last had a date night. Basically I think all the energy we should have put towards our marriage is now going to our kid (me) and work (him).

H initiated the separation discussion and while I agreed with most of it (no connection, no chemistry, we're both cranky with each other more often than happy) he did drop the "love you but not sure I'm IN love with you" bomb that seemed like a huge red flag at the time...and since reading here I definitely think it was. He mentioned a female confidant at work so naturally I deduced she was the OW and commenced doing some snooping. Aside from the fact that they talk a lot, nothing has jumped out as worrisome....but I remain skeptical.

Here is the issue; since my husband moved out we are crazy hot for each other. When we see each other we are all over each other. For a while I resisted while he constantly initiated, but then I thought-hey, I deserve a little fun too. And it isn't just sex, he is attentive and affectionate and we are like, flirting with each other like the old days.

The other night after he spent the day with our daughter we hooked up and had the best time....we stayed up until 4am talking. He says he is confused and feels like since we separated he is having fun again, like things just got old and stale. I think that's quite immature but what can I say. He mentioned the suspected OW and said she is quitting the job they both work at and he is sad because she is his best friend at work and he'll miss her....I felt like, if she was really an OW would he talk that openly about her? Not sure. I flat out asked if he was seeing/having sex with anyone else and he said no and was very adamant-but I mean, he would hardly admit it while trying to get in my pants.

I think I will put a stop to the sex because I know it can't end well. It felt like we were mutually benefitting but I'd be lying if I said a part of me didn't want H back, despite our problems. Does it sound like he may still be into me? I see a lot that confusion=affair, but does it ever just straight up mean confusion?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment