Pages

Search blog and web

Reconnecting with wife...possible?

we've been married for 14 years, and have had plenty of ups and downs.

I called her out on some BPD type behaviors and called her bluff on a divorce over a year ago. The kids are important and so is our lifestyle and that makes it tough as well.

It's been tough but I think the worst of the worst is behind us.
We're friendly now but sex and affection has been an issue since about the honeymoon, got worse with our first child, her sleeping in the kid's bed, basically nonexistent after the second. I know this and meds are or were all in play here.

We had one good time together in recent memory and the latest was a chore for her, so that's not where I want things to be.

She was all over me at in the beginning and some advice is getting back to being the attractive person you were. I think there's something to that, and I recognized some bad habits - it's easy to get lazy and take things for granted. And when you're hurt you lash out and hurt back.

I've done a 180 and so I've changed a lot in my confidence and where I stand on things. Still a long way to go, but I don't see myself ending up anywhere like the man she first fell in love with, and nothing like the hollowed out person I had become.

So the obvious question is, is there something for her to reconnect to? At this point I'm feeling very unemotional about it, like I've got past something to make myself stronger - not sure how long that will last but I think I just keep going in that direction.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment