Pages

Search blog and web

Cultural differences - German vs British

Hello TSR,

I've not OP-ed for a long time, so bear with me. I'm a British born black woman living in London, have quite a lot of experience with dating white British men, been out with a British Indian, Nepalese guy and also dated a Polish film student for a while. I am now dating a white German guy (early days, 2 mths).

I have to say that I find his dating behaviour a bit unusual. I find his communication/talking manner rather cold and emotionless, a bit detatched and unengaged to the point that I'm finding it hard to gauge how into me he is.

That said, he does the asking out for dates/dinner, is incredibly forward (too much for my taste) and passionate sexually and is almost smothering with his affection during the night (I cant sleep tightly gripped to his chest, but I do enjoy it for a time).

He hardly ever compliments me or says anything about what he likes about me or how he feels towards me although we do chat about things in general. His eye contact is VERY sparing; it even seems that he finds it difficult to look at me. He also speaks very very quietly.

Does anyone have any experience dating German people from a Brit perspective? Out of all of the different nationalities/backgrounds I've dated, I've never really had this problem with awkward communication style. Does this sound normal? Do you think it's down to the individual or more of a cultural thing?

And general comments from everyone welcomed of course.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment