Pages

Search blog and web

Kicked to office due to snoring

I wanted to hear from others to gauge how I feel about being moved out of our bedroom into the home office to sleep on the futon. I have read a lot of articles about how sleeping in separate bedrooms saved a marriage but I am torn on this and feel resentment toward my wife.

We have been married for 5 years and now for the past year, snoring has been an issue. My wife says she is a very light sleeper and doesn't get any sleep and doesnt wake up feeling refreshed to take care of the house and get kids off to school. I do admit I snore but I am not one of those freight train snorers. I recorded it and its noticeable but not excessive. My kids can sleep in the same room with me without any problem so it cant be that bad. I have also done the sleep study and diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and tried the CPAP mask to stop snoring. But now it's the air noise from the nasal pillows that keeps my wife awake and cant sleep. I have also tried the mouth piece which is very uncomfortable but during the night I sometimes spit it out unconsciously.

I feel that I am trying everything I can to make it work and wish my wife could be a bit more understanding. Our 5 year old sleeps in our bed and she sometimes snores and always kicks and elbows and she isnt banished from our bed.

So now I have been sleeping in our office for a week. Every night I open the futon and make my bed. This isn't how I pictured married life. I believe a husband and wife should sleep in the same bed or else you loose intimacy. Is that old fashioned? Am I being selfish for wanting to stay in our bedroom?

I am interested to hear from both husbands and wives on this.

Thanks




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment