Pages

Search blog and web

Surprise separation

My husband and I have been together for five years, married for three and a half. Out of the blue a couple of weeks ago, he came downstairs and told me he wasn't sure he wanted to be married anymore. He loves me, finds me attractive, but isn't sure he wants to be married. His heart is telling him it's time to move on. We just bought a house, and I'm five months pregnant. He's living with a friend of ours and asked for three months of separation to decide whether or not he wants to be married. We're seeing a counselor, but she won't offer any advice right now - she's just asking questions. He's not cheating - he's not that kind of guy. But it feels like he's emotionally really separated himself from me. I'm not sure whether we should keep in contact, go on a date once a week or so so that we can be together in a low-pressure kind of way, whether I should stop talking to him altogether, or what. I love him and miss him desperately but don't want him to feel like I'm chasing him, since he asked me for space. How do I handle this? I've got a sinking fear that he's just looking for a way out, that he's not seeing this as a way to repair our marriage, which is what I'm trying fervently to do.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment