Pages

Search blog and web

Facebook guru's: Question about "Notes"

Is there a way to save "Notes" without publishing it??

Okay... So like I couldn't sleep last night. Happens sometimes.

I started a "notes" in my profile page. Just wanting it for myself.Kind of like a self blog/journal type thing... Sometimes I just put my thoughts down to pen/computer... and compile it later to a poem or "writing".

Anyway, I had lots of thoughts down about my worrying, fretting, and how it is affecting my hubs.. How I have been treating him last couple days, etc.

I didn't save as draft ( I guess maybe I usually do that??). But You can't just "save note"(that I've found). I have to "publish" it. So I set the criteria to "only me". So that it wouldn't go on my wall for others to see.

But, it wass on my wall for me to see. I didn't want it on my timeline wall, only in the "notes" section with my other poems.

I know it shouldn't matter, because I had set it to private, to "only me". But,... Hubby and I share passwords, etc. I didn't want him to log onto my account and have it there in my profile.... Without me editing, and making some sort of poem.

Now if he logged into my account, and went to my Notes, I would understand that he could see it. I'm cool with that. But, Just in case he logged into my account, just to check if people posted to wall... I just didn't want it right there, first thing to pop up. See what I mean?

So, I edited, and "deleted this post". I thought I was just deleting the post from my timeline!! Instead, it deleted the whole thing. It's not in my "notes" anywhere. I tried to use the back brower button, but when it got the action of me publishing the note, it just said that the page was no longer available. ARrrgh!!

I ask: Is this normal? Is there a way to save a "Notes" without it going to your timeline. Or is it better just to "Save as Draft" always??

Also: About 6 months ago, I had an OLD poem, that I had in my Notes... and I changed it up a little, then tried to just "save", but I 'had to' publish. I think I didn't just publish to"Only me". I realized, I didn't really want to share that poem with public, so I deleted from timeline. Thought nothing of it. Then, about a week later, I was going to do some more revisions. My Poem was GONE... just GONE.. I couldn't find it anywhere. Thought maybe it was in my second account. Nope, not there either. I was so pissed at my hubby. I just "Knew" he had gone in and deleted my Poem!!...

Now, I'm thinking that when I tried to delete it from my timeline, some how, I had completely removed it from my notes. That it wasn't hubbbys fault at all, just my own! Arrghh..

So secondary question to the Facebook guru's that know all the workings of it: If I had had a poem in my Notes section, for Years and Years... and changed it just a little, went to save, that I have to "publish it" ??? Is that right? Then, because I deleted it from my timeline, does it really delete completely, even the old version from my Notes section??

If that is so, oh, why the h*double toothpicks...doesn't it warn you that you are completely removing the note. Not just removing it from the newsfeed???

Blah... Maybe I need to find another Website, that lets you just make notes/blog-type writings, and you can keep them for yourself, and edit whenever you want?..
Problem is, sometimes, after I have refined a poem or writing, I "DO" want to share it on facebook.

Just frustrated that I lost all that stuff I wrote. It was good self therapy, and would have been nice to go back to when I was in a calmer state of mind. Not stressed about repair bills and how I'm gonna pay, and being ticked at hubby about it all...

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment