Pages

Search blog and web

Husband angry-blames me

My husband has been really stressed at work lately and has been having trouble with anger. The problem is, he thinks I'm the angry one. He asks me what is wrong multiple times in an evening and I might just be sitting there reading or going about evening chores. He says I seem angry often (but I'm not). And he doesn't believe me when I tell him otherwise. It almost doesn't matter if I'm angry or not because he's going to operate under the assumption that I am. He's been complaining that I'm angry all the time and he's tired of coming home to an angry person.

He also has an ongoing problem with apologizing. He apologizes maybe 30-40 times a day. He apologizes for everything from accidentally stepping on my toe, to it being hot outside, to the cat sneezing on me. He will apologize for something, I'll say "it's ok" and he will say "I really am." I'll ask why he feels the need to qualify with "I really am" and he says that it's the tone of voice in which I said "it's ok." I've tried literally every tone of voice for saying it's ok, and none of them seem to satisfy.

I mention both of these issues because I feel like they're related... Help!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment