Pages

Search blog and web

Sex and culture

I hope this is in the correct sub forum. If not in the right forum (mods) feel free to move it.

Although I grew up in the U.S., my cultural upbringing was one where sex was not a taboo subject. It is not as if it was discussed around the dinner table but I never felt like it was hush hush topic. But, it also was not one where my parents or adult relatives were spreading their aloha around (if you catch my drift). Even as my parents aged (I was in my late teens) I could hear them going for it, thin walls. They did not try to hide it nor did they ever appear ashamed about it.

My wife on the other hand grew up far more conservative. She said it was not a topic that was ever discussed. So it was an adjustment for my wife (still is when she thinks someone can hear us - yes we get enthusiastic at times). I just got used to telling my sons it is time for them to leave and I lock the door. They know what is going on... My wife at first could barely handle it. But, I just don't see where it is something that needs to be hidden completely. We don't do it as a public display but I don't see the point in acting as though we don't have sex. I think it is is healthy that our sons know mom and dad still love each other. We do tell them that it really should be reserved for that special person (do as I say not as I did).

Just wondering how others view their sexuality in their own marriage and whether they think their cultural upbringing affects their sexual attitudes.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment