Pages

Search blog and web

still dealing with aftermath of infidelity

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in quite a while. Short version, Ex had an affair, we tried to reconcile for a year but it was a false reconciliation and I kicked him out when I found out the affair was still going on.

For the most part, we have had a good co-parenting relationship but his negative out look on life is draining me. We have a lot of contact because we don't have the traditional visitation due to his work schedule so DD stays with me most of the time but he comes to see her almost everyday and takes her to and from school on some days. Lately he has been very irritable and has said that he is very unhappy. So my response is "how can you be so unhappy if you are now free to be with your AP, isn't that what you wanted?" "Both of you went to great lengths to destroy each other's families so I would think you would be happy to be together". He also gets angry because sometimes DD wants to be with me all the time (when she was younger we spent pretty much every moment together bc he was always "working late"...seeing the other woman). He wants her to go with him at the drop of a hat and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't, especially if she is already doing something or we have something planned. He becomes angry or passive aggressive when we have plans but he doesn't understand that I am not self employed so I have to make plans according to my schedule.

yesterday a girlfriend invited me to dinner and I asked the ex to keep DD for a few hours and he was glad to do it until he realized I was going to dinner. His response was "I never get to go out to dinner or do anything for my self". I told him that was lie! He and the OW go out and enjoy them selves. Well that's when the problem started! DD didn't want me to go but I told her I needed time with my friends at that time the EX says I'm out of here and leaves me to deal with my DD. I called him and asked if he was still going to keep DD and he said yes but he wasn't too happy. He says he hates it when DD starts wanting me and that makes him feel like she prefers me over him. So I got mad and said "if she starts having a fit please don't verbally abuse her." He became very angry when I said that and I apologized. I spoke without thinking. He started telling me about how unhappy he was, work was going as planned, DD didn't spend enough time with him so he was going to move to an other city. My heart broke for my daughter. I can't imagine her not having her father in her life. She's already had to suffer through the separation, isn't that enough? He has a history of making bad choices, he has one older daughter (18) who's life he didn't want to be a part of until she about 8. So, I know is capable of walking out and it terrifies me. This man thinks of himself first and obviously I made a bad choice, I chose him :(

All this mess because of cheating; a lot of collateral damage!

Thanks for letting me vent!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment