Pages

Search blog and web

Ask the guys first...

Brand new to the site so bear with me and a quick background.

Married 5 years (2nd for both of us) together for almost 7. All the kids are almost out of the house and we are only 40. I had the fortunate experience of selling my company last year for early retirement.

My wife decided to enjoy the time as well leaving her part time job and we did some traveling etc.

In February of this year, her former boss, committed suicide and they begged her to come back. She reluctantly did, but i never saw her grieve (but everyone has their own way) Fast forward to July this year, the day before we are to leave on what is supposed to be the final "family vacation" with the kids since they are off to college, she gets in a wreck and destroys her "baby" of a car.

We leave the next morning, vacation was a nightmare, we visited DC for the kids (their idea) saw the fireworks etc. the day we arrived an active shooter alert at the Navy Shipyard 3 blocks from the hotel. 2 days later another active shooter at the Lincoln Memorial. This time I grabbed her to cover her, but the kids were no where around and she went to chase looking for them, since I didnt i was the bad guy.

Now here we are 45 days later, she is pretty depressed, she says she doesnt know why. we had plans to move out of state , a house is in the process of being built and we just paid a franchise fee for a new company... now she says everything is up in the air and cant even tell me for sure, if when she figures everything out, if I am still part of the picture...

We have always been the "fun couple" the one everyone admired etc, never had an issue, and then this bombshell...

So stick it out? Or throw up the arms?? Its all I can focus on right now and Im doing my best to be compassionate for her.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment