Pages

Search blog and web

Dating - Any New Rules?

I haven't posted for several months because I wanted to be certain. Certain that I was ready and able. I am so certain!

I am free after being married for 33 years to a liar and a cheat. It's been almost five months on my own, and I have never felt better. I sleep better. I eat better. I don't cry. I don't walk on egg shells. I don't look over my shoulder. I breathe.

The biggest obstacle in my way was my own fear. Over the years, I have wanted to leave, but allowed myself to buckle under the fear. I thought I would cry and cry and feel terrible pain. I didn't. At least I haven't yet. I thought I would be lonely. I'm not. A weird thing has happened and I am so open to just being. I can have an easy conversation with the person at the coffee counter and feel great all day. I thought I would be sitting at home alone. I'm not. Another weird thing. I'm busier now than I have been in a decade. I go hiking. I go for coffee. I get invited to events. And even my alone time feels so good.

I am telling anyone who has been in a long-term relationship and is fearful that at your age it's too late to find a happier place, IT'S NOT too late.

I'm happy to be back to visiting TAM, but now with a whole new view on the world. TAM is like a best friend. No judgement, just honest open advice. I've read many of your stories and it has been helpful in my journey. I'm glad you share your stories, because it gave me the ability to jump off that cliff. And only then, did I realize I can fly on my own. I'm still being a bit cautious, no dating yet. But I'm here again looking for advice.

How long were you on your own before you decided to date? And what are the new rules out there?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment