Pages

Search blog and web

She isn't comfortable around me, what to do?

  • Thread Starter

I'm currently seeing a girl who I've liked for ages and have strong feelings for, but she's always anxious about upsetting me. She's fancied me for ages as well and we've only just started going out after being best friends for a few years and it's going well apart from this issue.

She always apologises for herself whenever she says something out of the ordinary and makes sure never to do anything that could upset me. She won't initiate hugs or physical contact out of fear of coming on too strong or whatever I think, and as a naturally shy person myself it can make things difficult. I've been told by her friends too that she worries a lot about what I think of her and panics if she says anything vaguely dubious or out of the ordinary to me...

It can be flattering sometimes, because it's obvious to me that my good opinion of her really matters to her, but I like her when she's being sensible as much as when she's not. She is very comfortable around other guys and is often verbally and physically flirtatious, and it hurts a little when I see it happen knowing that she doesn't feel comfortable enough to do anything like that with me, because I would love it if she did obviously.

I'm not sure how to raise this issue or whether I should at all, and hope it gets resolved in time. What should I do?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment