Pages

Search blog and web

How to deal with racism from your own race?

  • Thread Starter

My parents are originally from South Asia and I have quite dark skin. I've lived in the UK all my life and every single racist comment (not kidding) I've ever had has come from other South Asian people (especially girls), and sometimes from my own friends (as banter).

I've only ever dated outside of my own race as I honestly don't feel comfortable around other Asian girls. And it's not just me, other dark skinned Asians and dark skinned black people I know get treated the same way.

Obviously there are exceptions - I'm not saying everyone is racist - but it's so f*****g annoying having to put up with it everyday, even if they are joking around.

Why are Asian people so obsessed with skin colour?! And how do I deal with it?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment