Pages

Search blog and web

I feel too stupid and boring to date

  • Thread Starter

I'm female, and I definitely can't rely on my looks to get me anywhere in the dating world as I am below average even with grooming, styling and being a healthy weight, which is pretty disheartening. This means I have to rely on my personality, confidence and intelligence to attract someone but I am also lacking in all these areas :( I have never dated in my life.

I struggle to imagine that anyone would want a lasting relationship with me, or be able to form a deep connection with me. I'm not well travelled, I'm never really up to date on current affairs, I'm not too clued up on social media and most modern TV/films/music, I'm not well spoken and get teased about my regional accent at uni and I got AAB at A level (most people at my uni got AAA and higher when I did A levels there were no A*s and are just perfect all rounders too). I'm not well read as I struggle to find the time and I struggle to maintain an interesting conversation with someone which adds to my fear of dating... What are we going to talk about? I have my own interests but I feel that most guys won't be impressed by these (e.g. sewing, knitting, interior design, rambling, pets). I'm in going into 3rd year at uni and I'm 28 which is depressing as I feel so behind and unaccomplished for my age.. Many of the PhD students bossing me about in the lab are younger than me.

How can I get myself out there and become more interesting and a better conversationalist, as well as drop my insecurities of not being smart enough?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment