Pages

Search blog and web

What are the effects of dating DURING divorce on children?

Hi everybody...
So I am 3 months into the divorce process and we have hit a snag. As I said in previous posts, my STBXW has a boyfriend whom she supposedly met the week after she moved out which was Thanksgiving of last year. Thats not the problem. The problem is that STBXW is involving this new guy into my Daughters life to what I think is a ridiculous degree. We have allready had a hearing back in Feb to set temporary child support and custody. The result of that hearing is that I am required to pay child support and I have my Daughter every Wed and 2 weekends a month. What I failed to realize at the time, was I should've requested limits on whom is allowed to transport and watch my Daughter. My Daughter is 9 and has told me the new guy has driven her to and from school, to and from practices, and they have had "sleepovers" there several times. I guess I didnt really think STBXW would involve him to this degree. I believe introducing this new man (or the next one)into my Daughters lif e this early and this degree is going to be harmful to her in the long run. I am confident this guy is temporary based off STBXWs relationship history which includes, multiple divorces, lived with 2 other boyfriends, many other "relationships", had a child out of wedlock with a drug addict (my adopted daughter), and also she has moved to different houses 8 different times. All of this has happened over the last 15 years. I am her longest relationship which was 2 years of dating plus 4 years of "marriage". So needless to say I am worried about my Daughter. My STBXW and her attorney see no problem with any of her behavior and refuse to make any change. I'm hoping the Judge will see things my way. I have filed a motion to restrict transportation and who can watch/keep her to STBXWs Family and also for me to have FROR.
My question is, does anyone know of a specific study or article on the affects of introducing a child to a new boyfriend/girlfriend while seperated or while divorcing? I have found alot on the subject of the effects of dating AFTER divorce, but not so much DURING divorce. I want to be as prepared as possible when we go to court next week so any suggestions are appreciated...Thanks

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment