Pages

Search blog and web

I need advice on my job situation

I worked at a CNC Machinist shop just shy of 10 years.

I was layed off for the first time at the end of February.

Barrel of oil prices have dropped from around $115 barrel to $50 range and the price is staying there and might drop to the $40 range when Iran's sanctions are starting to be lifted, so they can produce and sell their oil again.

I am on EI "Unemployment Insurance" for the first time in over 10 years.

I got my resume up to date and down to 2 pages and my cover letter up to date as well.

I got many new certifications and tickets, so now my resume is very impressive.

My EI is until the end of December 2015.

Mrs.CuddleBug has a career she likes and makes about $60,000 year which is enough to pay for everything if she had to do so.


A friend of mine works at Natural Factors. He tells me, give me your resume and cover letter and I'll give it to my Maintenance Plant Manager. He did this and the Plant Manager is very impressed and told my friend to give my resume to the Human Resources department for an interview and probably job.

Now the Natural Factors plant is huge and has many employees. My friend tells me when he applied for a job, it took about one month before they called him in for his interview and got a job. They're very slow and big and take a long time to call people in for interviews and jobs. So if someone quits, 3 weeks later, they still haven't done interviews and filled that position yet.

Mrs.CuddleBug wants me to get a job just to be working and have a job.

If I did that, my EI would be gone and my layoff status from my CNC shop would be that I quit and I doubt they'd call me back later.

So I am doing things around our place and landscaping our area. Everything is now done inside and outside and our landscaping for the year too.

I don't want to get a job, then take a day off for the interview and job after only working a few weeks. That's not a good practice and I don't like burning bridges.

It's the waiting that's driving Mrs.CuddleBug crazy and stressing me out and she does stress out more than I do.


Am I doing the right thing in the long run???:confused:

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment