Pages

Search blog and web

So this whole asking for sex thing is new for me. Help!

Divorced man checking in. For a majority of my marriage I didn't care for sex. It was a big reason for the downfall of my marriage. My ex cheated on me.

Fast forward to today. I'm in a 9 month relationship with a hottie. Due to schedules we only get to see each other 1-2 times per week. We have sex each time we get together.

Until last night.

She attempted to go to bed without having sex. Now, just to add a little context here: last weekend we had a small argument because I felt she was not that interested...putting netflix shows as a higher priority than having sex. After last weekends discussion, I was hoping she would take the initiative to rip my clothes off. When it didn't happen I was...disappointed.

So before she fell asleep I brought up the subject. She gets a bit aggressive/defensive with arguments sometimes and this can trigger the "****" in me. So initially the argument wasn't very fruitful and she stormed off into the living room on the couch like a little girl. I was really alarmed. Anyway, I composed myself the best I could and told her I wanted to talk it through like adults. Long story short, we did and I understood that she was "tired". We ended up having sex anyway but of course I never want pity sex.

This is new territory for me. I'm not used to being so hot in the pants for my woman. I'm scared and a bit embarrassed. I'm scared because after 9 mo. she's "tired" already. I understand she works hard but we only get 1-2 nights together a week. I'm embarrassed because I feel like less of a man for feeling so vulnerable and having back-to-back weekends of arguments due to my insecurities and...needs?

I'm sure there are questions in there somewhere but I can't find them. Just hoping this can spark some constructive discussion. Thanks for reading.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment