Pages

Search blog and web

I have "a cheaters heart". Can I be fixed?

My first time posting here, so this may ramble. A bit about me to start:

Been with wife for 8 years, married for 5 and have 2 beautiful children together.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't look/think about other women occasionally, but I never thought I'd act on those impulses.
Recently had an unplanned/spur of the moment incident with another woman. Did not sleep with her, but things went way further than they should have.

My wife does not know about this. But I basically loaded a gun and gave it to this other woman and said "here, you now have the power to execute my marriage."

I'm trying to get an appointment with a psychologist. That's one step I've already taken.

I don't want to tell my wife. I don't want to hurt my kids, or her, or the relationship. I think I'm an excellent father to my boys, but I'm now a **** husband. I don't know why I did what I did. I don't understand it...I felt like I was a spectator to the event.

I was cheated on in my first real relationship so I know first hand how **** it feels. That was almost 20 years ago and I've never forgotten it. I stayed single for over 5 years after it happened because I felt so awful and disillusioned with "love."

The really insane part of this is I feel like I should go back to the other woman for round 2 so that when it all comes out I can at least say I got some minuscule enjoyment out of it. As of right now, it doesn't seem like it was real. I'm in a mental nightmare of my own making that I can't wake up from.

Please reach through the screen and slap some sense into me.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment