Pages

Search blog and web

A sexless marriage (like years without!)

I have been reading through the threads and noticed a pretty common theme among them. No sex in the relationship. Some it has to do with the man, some the woman. All agree it isn't healthy and can lead to divorce. I have been married for 8 years.

For the past 8 years we have had sex a total of 10 times. The last time we had sex was 4 years ago. Until two weeks ago. Two weeks ago my husband woke me up in the middle of the night (3 am) and we had sex. Then he did not speak about it again until for many days. Finally, he told me he wanted another child. We have a 7yo. We have not been in any way intimate since then either. We don't sit next to each other. We don't touch when we sleep. We don't talk on the phone when I travel. We are more like roommates than anything else. I told him how much I wanted to have another child and how we really needed to work on things to make sure we were in a good spot for this to happen. I can't stand the idea of divorce. It terrifies me and makes me sick to my stomach. But no effort since this moment has been put in at all by him to have any type of intimate relationship. I sent him a message the other day. Something flirty and sweet hinting at being romantic that night. He said he was tired and would rather not. It's soul crushingly hard to put myself out there after YEARS of rejection from him only for him to build my hopes up of trying to improve the marriage just to reject me again!

I need advice for trying to help the marriage. I will do anything to make it work. I can't give up. I can't start over with someone else. I know that I'm young (not even 30 yet), but I don't want anyone else. And I don't want my child to grow up without a father in the house.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment