Pages

Search blog and web

Messed Up Pretty Bad

My wife and I have been married for 4 years and we have a 5 year old son. When I was 18, I enlisted in the army and we were married after basic training. During my time in the army I went on 2 deployments and spent a lot of time away from her. I treated her pretty badly emotionally. I was really distant and even when I was home I wasn't really there. We went through these cycles where as I was prepping to deploy I would get even more distant than normal and she would try to cling and it would make me angry and we would fight about it. While I was deployed I would talk about how I wanted to leave her and live my life without her nagging. But when I would get back, I never did any of that. We wouldn't fight and we would be happy.

Until I got back from my 2nd deployment. The whole time I was there it was like I was always angry, and it didn't stop when I got back. I began to compound all the stress and anger that I felt and directed it at her. I drank, a lot. She put up with all of it and more and I was still angry. I got out of the army in January, but in December I told my wife I was done. I wanted a divorce. I hated my job, I hated what I was doing, I was just pissed off all of the time.

Then I got out of the army and my anger began to just...dissipate. I realize how much of an ass I had been to my wife and that I love her. I looked at myself in the mirror and now that all my friends were gone, I just saw an angry messed up drunk. So I cut back on the drinking. I've gone from every day to maybe once a month and only a few. That anger I had was gone. But something else has taken its place. I am alone.

I told my wife I wanted her back and that I was sorry for everything I had done. I found out she's been dating this guy essentially such we separated. I've taken my son on days she originally had him so she could see this guy and I really honestly feel like my heart is being ripped from my chest. It ****ing hurts, I don't want to eat and I have to fight myself daily to keep myself from drowning myself in a bottle. When I first came to her she told me she wanted to try to fix us. Now she says that she isn't sure.

Since asking her to come back I have been more communicative then I have ever been with anyone in my life and it scares me out of my mind. I told her everything about everything and I think it may be too late. I feel like everything is coming to a head and some days I just want to suck start my .45 so I don't have to deal with her leaving (or not coming back). I understand why she's hesitant, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. I think its the other way round. I know this whole thing is my fault and that I'm the one to blame. I don't know what I'm going to do if she decides not to come back. I already feel like my life is in shambles and that I'm one step away from freefall.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment