Pages

Search blog and web

Relationships on the autism spectrum

  • Thread Starter

Does anyone here have experience as a neurotypical/non-autistic person dating someone with autism, or as an autistic dating people (neurotypical and/or autistic)?

Here's my bit. My first boyfriend (not counting childhood silliness) was autistic as well as having AD/HD and dyspraxia. We never had sex (I was 11/12) and it wasn't really a 'relationship'. We stopped seeing each other totally eventually because my mum disapproved (he was quite a bit older than me). I've not dated anyone with diagnosed autism since but I'm kinda interested in doing so, as I have a tendency feel comfortable with people who are autistic or have autistic traits in a way I don't with NTs. I don't have a diagnosis, but I have friends who think I'm probably autistic, and I'm going to pursue a diagnosis as I'm sick of not having a name for the difficulties I experience.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment