Pages

Search blog and web

How to call it a day?

  • Thread Starter

We started going out at the start of uni but now we are in our final year and things aren't the same any more. I am an ambitious person and planning to move to London (from Manchester) to pursue postgraduate study but he doesn't want me to go. He lacks ambition, life experience and does not trust me to be out of his sight for more than a few days and so has tried to encourage me to turn down my place in London on more than one occasion. He is needy and obsessed with trying to touch me up to the point where he keeps me awake all night when he stays over (despite insisting that he cares for and respects me) and even cries when I turned him down for sex (even though it was 4am and I felt that being tired was a reasonable excuse). Him and his family are devout evangelical Christians and are putting a lot of pressure on us to get married - even though I am an atheist and are they convinced I will 'grow out of it' - and also to have children (something which does not bo de well with my decision to carry on studying to get a career that I am passionate about).
Him and his family are convinced that I am destined to be some sort of domestic slave/housewife/pet for him, and this is why I've decided it would be best to call it a day, as we will be heading separate ways anyway after our BSc's. However I know that when I bring it up he will kick off to such a degree that it will be difficult to get the job done. Additionally, with this being such a tense time at uni for the both of us I fear that any dramatic change in our routines will have a negative effect on the both of us... Any advice much appreciated!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment