Pages

Search blog and web

Emotional Dependency

  • Thread Starter

So my boyfriend and i have been in an ldr, and over the past few months I've been noticing him becoming more and more emotionally dependent on me.

He needs to be online talking to me at least 4 times a day, gets upset whenever a single detail (a test, a presentation for class, a new series I started watching) fails to make it into my description of my day, and acts hurt and guilts me whenever I want to spend a Friday night out hanging out with friends. He tells me all the time how he couldn't bear to live without me, and while I have been trying to spend the year cultivating my hobbies and friends, he can't seem to find a single thing that interests him at uni. I've been encouraging him to get out and do things with the people he's met, but when I do he gets all upset that I'm breaking up with him? (I've done nothing to indicate that!! :( )

I'm worried that the relationship has gotten too emotionally dependent! Personally I don't have any problem with spending a day or two out of contact when he gets too busy with work-sometimes it makes for more exciting things to talk about when we do catch up. But talking with him has started to become stressful, and I've been having to always choose him over my friends or studying for upcoming exams...

Is this normal? Anyone with a similar experience? Should I do anything?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment