Pages

Search blog and web

Need help with very difficult coworker!!!

I realize this might not be appropriate subject matter for this forum, but I need help.

I have a new coworker (she was hired in May) who is a real pill. She's in her early 30s. She's moody and often stressed out because her work is deadline driven. She takes it out on me. Snippy, rolling her eyes, heavy sighing. It's highly inappropriate for our particular workplace. Total Debby Downer. Our boss doesn't see it because he has bigger fish to fry and I'm not a tattletale.

She got sh*tty again with me this week and I let it go. It'll happen again, though, with the next deadline. It's already happened twice like clockwork.

We've already had one Come to Jesus meeting a few weeks ago on her own volition to 'check in' to see if 'we're ok.' I respect that she came directly to me and didn't do the typical woman passive/aggressive crap and shot straight from the hip. I operate like that, too; I deal with the person I'm having the problem with. We worked it out (I guess) but now it's happening again.

She already has a rep for being a b*tch. I have kept my mouth shut because I hate gossip in the workplace and I want others to draw their own conclusions.

Should I just let all of this go? Since it's only her personal traits and not her work product? Do I just need to suck it up and deal and keep quiet? Part of me says yes but part of me says no, I shouldn't be treated this way.

If I approach her, how should I do it? Do I address it immediately when it happens or wait until she has calmed down?I want to be firm this time.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment