Pages

Search blog and web

Should I just stop bothering with my friend???

  • Thread Starter

What should I do about my friend? Should I honestly tell her how I feel, or should I just keep it to myself??

Ok, me and my friend met at uni. She is an exchange student from China and she sat next to me on the first day in September and spoke to me first and we became friends. We both live in the same student hall and she took my number and initially used to always contact me to hang out because she didn't know anyone else.

Later, I found out from her that she wanted to be friends with me because she wanted to meet people from different countries. I am English. I thought this was kind of funny and because I don't have too many friends in London, was happy to be friends with her though there is a communication problem sometimes.

Then, she started making more friends with people in classes and stopped needing to text me all the time because she had more people to hang out with. I wouldn't really be bothered by this because I don't expect to be her only friend, but what annoyed me is once she met more people, she stopped wanting to meet me.

Now, I always have to text her first to arrange some plans or things to do. She expects me to plan it and just comes along but when it comes to other people, she makes plans with them herself and doesn't wait for them. She also meets others in our class at the pub and doesn't invite me, even though she knows I want to make more friends. One day when I was talking to one of the guys in class who she is friends with too, she was just staring at us with a creepy expression. I think she was jealous or something. The guy noticed it too and asked her if she was ok and she just said she was sleepy.

I just feel like she uses me and doesn't really care about our friendship. This may sound immature but I really am bothered. For example, she never texts me.

I have to always text her to ask how everything is going or if she wants to hang out. She never texts me. I asked her if she wants to move out of student halls with me, and since then the only thing she texts me about is when she wants to know if I've found a flat or something. She never bothers with anything else.

And I've noticed she is less friendly and laughing when we talk but when she's with her other friends, she seems so excited. It's so funny. Am I wasting my time? Is she a bad friend or am I overreacting? Advice?

I hate the way it feels when I have to text her because I'm lonely and I know she probably doesn't care. I just don't want to be bothered if this is just a bad friendship.

Thanks x

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment