Pages

Search blog and web

Xmas gifts when there's bad blood with in-laws

My in-laws and I have no contact due to a lot of bad blood on between us, which I can say is mostly caused by them handing things very, very poorly. I'm not totally innocent (rarely is anyone) but just trust me, they've been nasty to me and my child.

They have said they do not care about me, only their son. Ok, fair enough. But yet they bought me and my daughter Christmas gifts. Hubby says it's a "peace offering." Hmm...

Hubby has said he can't talk to his mom about me, cannot mention me, nothing.

The gifts, to me, feel like manipulation. Keeps them looking like "the better people" because "Look, we bought gifts and we don't even LIKE them!"

Hubby says I'm being paranoid (also that I am wrong to tell him that was a hurtful thing to say to me).

I'm not buying them gifts from me/my daughter. I told hubby he can put both our names on whatever he's bought if he wants, but I have no desire to spend time and money on people who have been very nasty to me.

Does it sound like I'm being paranoid? It's the "I can't speak about you to my mother" thing that makes me think this is kind of manipulative. If I'm a banned topic of discussion, why would they ever want to spend time and money on me and my daughter?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment