Pages

Search blog and web

Am I being unreasonable

  • Thread Starter

Hi guys....I was wondering whether you guys can shed some light on whether I am being too harsh....it is a background long story (So please bear with me)

So me (I am an boy) and my ex-best friend (which is an girl, BUT she is not my GF), we have been best friend since Yr.7 and we have supported each other other throughout our school career....we used to talk a lot on Skype after school and we used to do things together.

But adversity struck....approaching the end of A-level she told me that she began to chat to an boy she met over the internet in the US and their chat is getting more and more frequent.....(BTW that boy is couple of years younger than her)

At the end of our final exam, we begins to talk a lot less on Skype and when we do chat (Which I have to start every time, as she will never start an conversation with me, yet she will start it every time with that US boy!) the conversation will be dominated by her talking about that US boys, so I through I won't made a big deal about it, as I understand everyone need their personal spaces. Throughout the summer holidays....our friendship begin to plummet rapidly, as she and the US boys got very close together....so close she is willing to stay up to 4 am or even the whole night to talk to him!!

And whenever I tried talking to her, she always declined and told me she is very tired and yet she still managed to talk to the US boys from 3pm in the afternoon to 4am in the morning !!

Throughout the holiday....I have made every effort to salvage our friendship, I invite her to eat/go to the beach together, however.... every time we eat together, she spent half of the time texting that US boys on her phone, completely disregarding my presence.
And when we went to the beach, the conversation is dominated by how much she like the company of that boys, how much she would like to emigrate to US to be with him and she even told me she would spent every single Christmas and Easter with this boy and how her family and friend at UK is so trivial to her.

I confronted her about the fact that I am feeling very isolated, she just said to me it is tough, as we no longer have common topics and her don't really enjoy talking to me.

At Results Day, she decided that she is going to colleges and I gonna to take an gap year, since then all communication have halted....I message her on multiple occasions, but she did not respond an single time....until couple of days later, when she told me that she will be off to US to spent Christmas with this US boys, I advise her not to go, as you don't really know who you are actually talking to on internet. She responded with hostility and anger and accuse me of being jealous.

I have been nothing but an truth friend to her from day 1, I have supported her when she was being bullied severely at school, I revised with her on ample occasions when she said she have no motivation whatsoever to study for her A-levels, I even did an sport (which I completely loathe) with her, when she said she felt lonely....every time she insist on returning at the same time....when I ask why, she said that she could talk to the US boys and she don't have to put up with me!!!

So after that I decided that enough is enough....and she will no longer be my friend......

BTW this is not an case of that US boy has become her BF, because I know my best friend is not keen at all on relationship and she is not attracted to male nor females.

Sorry for my long story....do you guys think I am being unreasonable?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment