Pages

Search blog and web

Colleague complained about me

  • Thread Starter

I have been training newcomers to the company I work for. It turns out the first girl I trained, who is 21 the same age as me, has been slagging me off to other people and to my boss. The complaint she is making is that apparently I 'dislike her' and the reason for this is because I don't talk to her.

From my perspective, the only time I give a one-syllable reply is when I am in the middle of work that is on a deadline. None of this girl's work is on a deadline and she assumes because she has time she can talk. No one else in the office talks and if I don't have much work on I will give a proper reply. It is really difficult for me to work sometimes because I go to the new lady to help her and when I come back to my desk she sees it as an opportunity to talk. This has really upset me because I bent over backwards to help her. I spent a lot of time, a week, into making training as easy as I could for her, making training manuals and a structured programme. I always help her whenever she has an issue and I am never rude to her about it. Everyone at work says that the girl incessantly talks. It was the first thing my contract manager said to me, was that she talked none stop. I thought it might be nerves at first but after nearly two months she is still the same.

I only found out about this because another person at work asked me whether I got told off my the boss a few weeks ago (I didn't, the boss said the girl was upset because her work had been not bad but not good and to be friendly to her and because we couldn't afford time to train another person.)

To be honest, I don't really like the girl. She admits she 'can't be bothered' and she's not 'paying attention'. She also doesn't put a lot of work in in general. If she finishes her assigned work she will sit there and not ask for extra work. The manager asked her to tidy up and help around the office like shredding and she sits their at her desk and does nothing. She hasn't made a good impression on me at all. From what I see, we're paid to work not form a social club and if we are, then that's not the type of company I want to work for.

Am I being mean/in the wrong here? The girl who told me agreed with me that we shouldn't be talking when working but this has really upset me. FYI, this company is quite unprofessional. People regularly come in late etc. and never pulled aside.

Previous thread:
http://ift.tt/1GAlBmT

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment