Pages

Search blog and web

Bragging or not? rich friend

  • Thread Starter

Ugh I have a Facebook friend from school on my Facebook who recently moved to America which is fine. But this person constantly goes on and on about this on Facebook and makes massive paragraphs each week. She goes on like 10 holidays each year, for example, this year she went to America then South Africa, then Amsterdam, then London, back to America, back here and now back to America and then Amsterdam in March. On top of that she is constantly posting pics of her in NYC and Washington doing shoots. I am not poor but certainly not rich but i've spent 5 weeks in Florida this summer and also a few days in Scotland and England in October. I thought that was quite alot but obviously not.

She makes me feel very poor and unmotivated to work towards my goals. This person is always making statuses about her and her life and how fantastic it is. It just makes me wonder if it is a bit fake. Surely someone who is properly rich wouldn't be bragging about it and looking for approval when they already know??

My parents have raised me to appreciate what I have but it is hard when I see this.Maybe i'm just being jealous, i'm not sure but is hard not to get jealous when she posts all these pictures and i'm sitting here in a rural area. I've always tried to appreciate what I have but when I see people like this it is a kick in the face and belittles what I do have. It just puts it into perspective that a modest salary of £50/£60,000 is really just low and medicore. For me when I see rich people it makes it hard to want to study and work to get a good job.

The behaviour that she posesses always winds me up and irritates me. I'm not sure if it would be classed as bragging but it is certainly over the top.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment