Pages

Search blog and web

Thought I could handle being just colleagues/ friends but clearly wrong!

  • Thread Starter

Hi all!

Right here is a bit of background for those that want it (otherwise feel free to skip this section):
I am a 23 year old single girl, I've never had any sort of substantial realtionship having been lead on and allowing myself to fall for a couple of friends in the past who completely rejected me. Which I feel probably contributed to my low self esteem and inability to flirt with/ approach guys.
Basically I genuinely thought I had a chance with (and moved to be closer to) a good friend only to find out that he want'ed nothing to do with me really, and he's ended up going out with another girl, who in all fairness sounds perfect to hm and I am genuinely happy that he is happy. However since that absolute fail...


I started working for a company and, despite not intending to, have managed to fall for one of my colleague's. Technically I no longer work there (largely because it didn't fit in around my masters degree). But basically I don't thing there has ever been anyone I get on with quite as well. I spent the day with him recently and I just can't bear the idea of not seeing him anymore. We joke and laugh but also talk about more serious matters. I've met his dad (though briefly) and he has met my family, whilst helping with a few family issues (just proving how perfect he is).

Now normally I would at least tell myself I would do something about this either by; making a move, or by saying something. HOWEVER.... he has a girlfriend. She sounds lovely and they have been together a long time, although at the moment it's reasonably long distance. Occasionally he says things that make me think it might not be the perfect relationship but obviously I don't intent to interfere with them.

I just don't know how to get over him when I know that we would be great together. It's got to the point where we have inside jokes and can happily spend whole days together. I can't pretend I know how love works but it just feels so right being with him.
I'm reasonably sure he realises how I feel (another colleague told him but he may have been to dunk to remember)


SoooooAny advice?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment