Pages

Search blog and web

Diagnose my mental condition from this poem

  • Thread Starter

I wrote this whilst in the library and going through a lot point, listening to slow piano music.

Are you able to read through and pick out what I may be suffering from?

Curious to know.

Struggles of mind

held back
half the person i could be
unable to smile
disabled
restricted
like there is little hope
lonelines
yet surrounded by humans
tiredness, fatigue
the fear
anxiety
sense of inadequacy
exhaustion
like i have no voice
but one weak and quivering
at any foresight of danger
no energy
my battles aren't equal
to those who suffer the same
my battles are my own
deeper, more substantial
difficult to break through
these shoes
bound to my feet
forever mine or empty
insurpassable
a challenge
insurmountable

a thousand attempts
at pushing my spirit
but no progress
only transient, restored
by the calm stability
of emptiness
a flat line
no pulse
no trajectory
the horizon, merely
an extrusion of this reality
through the axis of time

my intelligence
a quest for logic and reason
for intricacy
in conversation and thought
yet a most stubborn handicap
debilitating
unable to communicate
with simplicity
or jovial demeanour
colour, concealed
under a veil of seriousness
and pragmatism

an existence
that yearns for love and meaning
of warmth
yet drifts towards a crisp cold
an eternal orbit
around nothingness
with infinite escape velocity

a mind
that never rests
never sleeps
dancing
within the recesses
of worry and fear
an enemy, assailant
eternally present
wholly from within

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment