Pages

Search blog and web

Fight on our 5th Anniversary - advice needed

Hi All,

Today is the 5th Wedding anniversary for my wife and I.

It's not really gone to plan we had a big fight, and now it's a big mess, she won't talk to me and, I have about 7 hours to salvage something from the day.

I had planned a day and night away with her.

The day started well, she woke up and I gave her a gift and a card - as traditionally you would.

But it was after this that things went bad. I drove us to an exhibition for something she really likes, and I thought she'd love to see it - however this was strike one, she told me it was not romantic enough and that it was not suitable for our anniversary, I then received to my surprise a torrent of verbal abuse followed by her throwing her wedding and engagement rings at me in the car.

The second thing I had planned was a stay at a hotel, I had booked a room overnight, booked her in for a massage and I ordered flowers and champagne to the room.

When we arrived at the hotel (Still angry), she started making comments about the hotel, saying it wasn't nice enough and that she didn't want to stay there.

I managed to get her to check in with me and I said at least check out the room, so she did - she walked into the room where the flowers and champagne were sitting and then walked out again and said she is not staying there.

I ended up getting the room refunded and we then drove home, in which time I received another torrent of verbal abuse and her telling me she can't believe that I didn't care enough about her to give her a good wedding anniversary.

She came home, and she has now gone to bed, sobbing, I tried to console her but she told me to go away and leave her alone.

We also have theatre tickets I booked for tomorrow night as part of my gift to her, but this is in doubt now too.

I'm feeling pretty broken right now, I've been in tears and my confidence crushed - I really want to make one last effort to try and do something right today to make her happy and see her smile, I really love my wife but I really do not know what to do...

... in these circumstances what the hell can I do to rectify this and give her something to smile about... ?

Please any suggestions are welcome..

Feeling lost and feeling blue.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment