Pages

Search blog and web

Girls - Online dating?

  • Thread Starter

I decided I didn't want a boyfriend for a while (quite a while....years) for many reasons. I didn't look for anyone for a long time but about a year ago I felt ready - I thought I'd just wait and see what happened/if anyone came along - nothing. Now I feel ready for a relationship and want to look but don't know where to start. I've finished uni and work full time - I don't want to date anyone I work with (keep business and pleasure separate but also I don't have much in common with them and don't have chemistry with them).
I work unsociable hours and only have one day off per week so I don't know what to do. How do I meet someone with similar interests, around my age, in my local area who also is a nice person and not a psychopath? I feel like I've not fully experienced a real relationship and it's getting to me as I get older. I know a lot of people will say 'it happens when you're not looking for it' etc but it never happened when I wasn't looking and now I am looking I can't find it.

I'm at that point now where I think online dating looks like the most realistic option BUT looking through profiles is really unhelpful because so many of the profile pictures put me off immediately, not in terms of levels of attractiveness, but the stupid poses and weird stares into the camera/strange/shirtless selfies etc - it all looks vain.

How does a young working woman in her 20's find a 'normal' guy? I'm really stuck tbh - is online dating the best route?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment