Pages

Search blog and web

Advice with his Family

So here's some background on my situation, I moved away from my family to vegas 3 years ago to be with my husband. His mom was a single mom growing up so he's very close with his sister and mom. Every time we to to his sisters house I feel like the odd one out. I figured it was because We needed time to get to know each other. I always go above and beyond to help her with baby sitting her kids And taking care of her animals for free see how I'm a Vet. On several occasions she invites us over for dinner (I don't eat meat because of health issues) every time she serves food that I can't eat. I'm not a picky person and I don't need her to feed me but this makes me feel unwelcome since she know about what I can't eat but yet she only serves food that I can't consume. So this leaves me sitting at a dinner table watching them eat and not being spoken to. I think it's nice they can laugh, joke and enjoy each others company telling stories about 15 years ago that I can't be involved in. This leaves me feeling very awkward and unwanted there. She has made zero effort to get to know me and doesn't show any interest in my life. I've never done anything for her to not like me. I always end up sitting in the other room watching tv or playing with the kids because I don't know how to react to this situation time after time. I'm finding it harder and harder to want to go over to her house. The last thing I would ever want is to create distance or problems between them. I've told my husband about how this makes me feel but he doesn't care. He's right along with her acting like I don't exist when we go over there. What do I do?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment