Pages

Search blog and web

Lost and confused.

This has been probably the worst year of my life. It actually started in 2013. I have been married for 5 years. We have 2 children of our own, and she has a daughter from a previous relationship. I consider my step daughter, my first child. Once I met her she changed my life for the better. She has been in my life since she was 3. She is now 8.
We moved to another state and her bio dad lied to us and said we could move her with us. After we left her home state he changed his mind. My wife and him went through a costly custody battle and she lost. We set up a somewhat regular visitation schedule.
Since we moved my wife and I had our 2 children. Money got tight and as of summer 2013 and she was unable to visit. Since the summer my wife basically gave up all communication with my step daughter. She felt it was better to not talk to her, instead of telling the truth about not being able to visit. I have not talked or seen her in over a year.
March of this year my wife attempted suicide in our home. She took a ton of pills and lied in a bathtub, in hopes of never waking. My to young children were in there beds in the rooms next door. I was sleeping in our bed. She came in kissed me and asked me to take care of our babies. Something woke me up and told me to check on her. I broke down the door pulled my wife's limp body from the tub and did everything to keep her conscious. I saw all the pill bottles called 911 and held her helplessly as she slipped away. As she stopped breathing in my arms, I still felt her heart beat.
Just then firemen showed up and took over. The babies never woke, somehow. They took her to the hospital, and I followed. Her brother lives with us and called her dad to take care of the kids.
I sat in the trauma room watching as 6 nurses and doctors tried to save her life. She was finally stable, with no promise of normal brain activity ever again. Somehow she made a full recovery. Although, she hated me for saving her. She was taken to a mental hospital for about a week before she was released. Three weeks later to the day, she disappeared with my car and cash,called and said good bye. She went to a hotel room to attempt suicide again. I got in touch with the police who after a few hours found her. And got her to another hospital. I arrived to meet the officer who found her and he told me all the terrible details. I was let into the room where she was treated. It look like a battle took place. Again after she came to and somehow recovered a second time. From a major overdose of hardcore medication, she was mad I saved her once again. Threatening to do it again.
She went to the mental hospital again. Although this time she meet another man. Once she was relesed and back home with the kids and I. She cheated on me with this other patient.
Her phone was left on in bed while she was sleeping.( I work in the middle of the night.) I went to shut off her phone and found pictures of the two of them kissing and texts saying I love and miss you. I told her to leave our home. She moved in with this guy claiming she ad no where to go.
I was filing for divorce, when she called and asked to work on things. Telling me her actions had to do with drug use and wanting to feel loved.
I admit I wasn't always perfect. But it was tough working a weird shift and having 2 kids 13 months apart. There was alot of stress and fights. But I thought we at least had love.
I took her back and promised to try to make it work.
Since she has been back she has contacted the guy she cheated on me with. Called one of her ex boyfriends. And had 3 different relapses with pills. And she has told me she's not sure if she wants to give up drugs all together.
My heart and trust I feel are broken beyond repair. I honestly don't know if I can continue this marriage. Especially without trust. She does not take care of the home at all,and barely watches the kids. Time and time again I come home after a 12 hour day. To a terribly dirty home. And my 2 and 3 year old doing what seems like what ever they want. No matter how much I talk to her, it doesn't seem to matter. I guess I am reaching out to other men for any advice in this situation. Thank you in advance, Eric

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment