Pages

Search blog and web

Why do people insult their partners?

  • Thread Starter

I'm a female so I've only got a one sided experience of this, but why do guys when in relationships, suddenly decide to point out all the bad things they don't like about their girlfriends appearance?

I've had it all: "I wish you had bigger boobs" "you're too skinny, you look gross" "I want to change everything about the way you look"

But what I don't get is, if you find someone that bad looking or their imperfections are that big a deal you choose to voice them to your girlfriend, then why are you with her in the first place?

I know we aren't going to like everything about the way someone looks, but the fact that guys will complain about breast or bum size or things you can't control, you wonder why they don't bugger off and be with a girl who ticks their boxes then?

No guy I've dated has looked like brad Pitt or had a six pack, but has still felt the need to comment on my body in a negative way.

I know those comments might sound bordering on abusive, but those are all from different guys and I've had female friends experience similar comments. One girls bf make a comment about her breasts not being large enough- why? Where is the need for this? (She's a C cup which is fine to me..)

So apart from the obvious answer that these people are *******s, anyone any other opinions or experiences?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment