Pages

Search blog and web

Question about liars, lying, and trash talking the BS

For the past few days I've been mulling over the aspect of WS's trash talking and/or lying about their BS to family, friends, AP's, etc when they are in the throes of an affair.

My WS trash talked me, and lied, to his mother and sister during his affair that took place in 2012. I don't care much for my MIL, and not much more for my SIL - OTOH, I don't care what they think about me. BUT, it did p*ss me off he was discussing our relationship, to begin with, and also as though I was this horrible person he was "thinking of leaving" when really he was just having an affair and projecting his BS onto me. He has since admitted to his family that he lied to them about the things he said about me. Some of the things he told them were complete confabulations and others mostly exaggerating based in some truth of existing problems. A lot of things he told them I did were things he had actually done. Go figure.

What I don't understand is, in the general sense, why some people find these liars so believable to begin with. A lot of the tripe they come up with is so stupid it would make me laugh, at them, if a wayward told me the same thing. I HATE being lied to and will usually call someone out on the behavior.

I realize some people trust implicitly, believe things because they want to, or know when they're being lied to but go along with it for whatever reason. Some people are naive. Some others have never been given a reason to not believe the liar in question in the past. OTOH, a lot of WS/liars are believed no matter how outlandish or BS'y the story sounds. Especially by their own families.

IDK if this makes any sense, maybe just rambling.....:scratchhead:. Hopefully made some sense.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment