Pages

Search blog and web

Please, help me to get over this!

  • Thread Starter

Apparently:


Quote:

1. Overanalysis. INTJs seem to obsess over the person in question, reading into everything the person in question does and says to decipher hidden cues as to returned affection.


2. Insecurity. An arena that isn't logic-based is not a place where an INTJ has confidence. This can make little, barely perceptible indications of interest seem like a huge, obvious thing to the INTJ....who feels dejected and helpless if they go unnoticed. It can also make the INTJ act far more cocky and self-assured to conceal the insecurity or perhaps to overcompensate. It's also a shield so that if there is rejection, the overplayed cockiness can be played off as a joke.


3. Seeking advice. Look through all of the INTJ posts....you'll notice most of the topics are debates. Almost the only time an INTJ really asks for help is in regard to someone they like. Looking for some magic word or hidden insight that eludes them...


4. Repetition. An INTJ who likes someone usually says as much indirectly... Compliments are a pretty good indication of interest.

I can relate to this 100 %.


I can usually move on, without too much effort, if I get rejected by a girl that I know well and like - a close friend is the only real exception. The thing is, I don't know this girl.


I think a lot of INTJF members already know of the girl that I am talking about (because I have made several threads about her). It's about the girl that I only knew for 8 days. If not, have a look at this thread: http://ift.tt/1vqHlzs


The questions that I keep asking myself are:
WHY did I react the way I did when I saw her face for the first?
WHY did I want to talk to her, after only seeing her face once, when there have been so many girls - that I find very attractive - that I still haven't said a single word to?
WHY did it turn out that she's an INTJ?
WHY do we phrase things so similarly?
WHY did we click so quickly and so substantially?


WORST of all, I didn't get to know her well enough to be able to distinguish my gut instincts from reality; in other words, I didn't get the opportunity to distinguish who she is from who she could be.


Someone mentioned to me the concept of transference, which I can also relate to. What else can I do to further come to terms with everything that has happened and move on?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment