Pages

Search blog and web

I am talentless

  • Thread Starter

I have tried drawing, running, singing, dancing, learning another language, and more, and I am just not good at anything, I feel.
I occasionally cook some nice things, but nothing extraordinary, just stuff that most people could probably do.

Whenever I do something I am just average at best, or rubbish. I hardly have any money to take lessons or join clubs etc. and nobody is ever impressed by me... I have been studying a language for 12 years and have spent nearly 2 years living in the country.... even some of my own relatives and family friends (who are fluent in that language) have NEVER told me that I speak the language well. I even did my degree in this language. I can understand films and TV, and written stuff, but when I speak, I just sound like an idiot, find the pronunciation very difficult, and just stutter and look stupid.

I have seen 10 year-olds with better language skills than me. I have people just replying to me in English, and someone told me to speak English because they 'could not understand what I was saying in the other language' and I had said literally one sentence to her. Don't see how I can still be so far from being fluent.

When I was younger, I used to be considered as very intelligent; teachers called me 'gifted', a 'star pupil', and I achieved full marks or close to it in many exams. If you told people that today, they'd probably laugh.

I just feel like giving up learning really..... does anyone else ever feel like this? Thanks

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment