Pages

Search blog and web

Living with my childhood rapist.....?

  • Thread Starter

I'm going to try to make this as concise as possible.

At the age of 8 my family went to visit (distant) relatives and stay with them for a week during our summer vacation. They had an adopted son who was 15 at the time, and throughout the entire week I was raped repeatedly... At the time part of me was confused and didn't really understand the situation. Another part of me kind of enjoyed it and I hate myself for that, it's been something really difficult to talk about.

Anyways this guy, lets call him X, moved out soon of the city after and I didn't get to see him much. Few years later he's moved back into his parents home, and every now and then they visit us and bring him along.

I am now 18 and fully grasp the situation, everytime I engage in a handshake or even have to look at his face I feel sick, I can't tell my parents what happened because it would break my mother's heart (and what little pride I have left). But I just can't take it anymore.

Another thing which bothers me is that he assaulted me when I was a child almost half his age, so he might be a child molester, and if that's the case then measures need to be taken to ensure other children's safety...

What is the best course of action for me to take? Should I make an anonymous tip-off to the local police? Tell my parents/his parents?

any help is much appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment