Pages

Search blog and web

Question about Spouse's lawyer

About a year ago my wife had an EA in which I am pretty sure more happened than I know. Since then I have been in false R. I have decided to file for divorce and have retained a lawyer.

I have had to borrow money to do this. When my wife gets served I am certain she will flip out because she doesn't have the money to pay a lawyer and will try to talk me into paying for her through her typical method of threats and intimidation.

I have tried to get her to agree with terms for a co-divorce, but she always asks for more. I agreed to pay her deposit for a new apartment, pay all day care and child medical bills as well as take over the payment for her car and the larger of the credit cards. I thought I was being generous, but now she wants money for rent and food as well as furniture in her new place. I make about twice as much as she does.

I feel a bit guilty about not helping her with a lawyer because I don't want to come across as the bad guy who is trying to f- her over, which is I know what she will tell everyone.

I guess I just wanted to get this off my chest by talking about it here and to ask if anyone else wants to share their experience with attorney expenses during their divorce?

Thanks,

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment