Pages

Search blog and web

Dog or the nomad stepson please advise!

I have been remarried for 7 years. My husband Ed & I live in my house 45 minutes away from where he once lived. We have 9 kids between us & Ed works 14 on & 14 off. I am a teacher & we have empty nest. I am dog sitting for my oldest son Dan,who lives 2 hours away. My 22 year old stepson Sam, who lived here during high school, wants to move back home. Sam is afraid of my son's dog & tells me things like: "You better have that dog gone before I move here in 2 weeks... That dog better not hurt my 2 cats... He'll see how angry I will get; I will hurt him!... I can't live here with that dog."... I told Sam that I didn't want his stray kittens in the house, that I was done with cat dander & litter boxes; after watching his sister's 2 savannah cats (that cost $1700 & $3500) 3 years ago.( My husband was out of the country during that time; so I had to tend to them. I had 2 large litter boxes at each end of the house & the cats had never been outside except on a leash--I loved them; but in the 6 months that I had them --they urinated on a mattress & loveseat; got rid of those items.) I am hoping to sell my house soon so that I can purchase one in a nearby town. I get along with Sam, but he is really making me angry. I also told him not to bring too much 'stuff' b/c we don't need a cluttered look when it comes time to sell. Sam wants to attend community college 25 miles away & work a job here in town. The reason he wants to come back: he wants a friend to become girlfriend, she has already said 'no'. Sam hated living here in high school & would cut down this 'hick' town & go back to his hometown 45 minutes away on weekends. I have other instances where he has come back & then suddenly moved out, b/c of his impulsiveness. Even now, he says he is coming for a whole day, or weekend, & leaves within an hour or so. He has been living free at his dad's old house & collecting the rent money on a little rent house that his dad owns. MY PRO BLEM IS: I think I should be able to help my son out with his dog for 6 months (the dog has already been here for 2 months), like I did for my step daughter with her TWO EXOTIC cats. Now 22 year old Sam wants to move in & is telling me what I had better do with the dog. (My son Dan has said he would pay $300 for Bark Busters to come to the house so Sam would feel comfortable.) Ed loves the dog but wants to call Dan & see if the dog can go somewhere else. I said, "No", I tended to the cats & I feel like Sam will leave again/drop out during 1st sem. again..., as usual, in 2--4 weeks"... PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE. I always got along with Sam/ helped him graduate high school, (never had to help my own sons, like I did Sam). I don't want a rift between Ed & I... or Dan & I, & I hate to uproot the dog again....b/c of Sam's impulsive ways .

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment