Pages

Search blog and web

My mum won't talk to me because she knows I'm gay. What do I do?

  • Thread Starter

I've never had the best relationship with my mum because she's been a hardcore Christian for the last 8 years. I'm 16, atheist, just finished my AS levels in year 12 and I'm out to some friends. Yesterday she looked through my texts while I was I the shower (general snooping), and read some texts from a gay friend I was meeting up with yesterday afternoon. She put the phone back, then followed me in the afternoon and saw me kissing the guy.

She confronted me about it when I got home, calling me evil, disgusting, a faggot, etc, and I told her that I'm gay. She kicked me out of the house (and refuses to take my calls), so I've had to go and live with my dad who is much nicer and doesn't care about my sexuality. I don't live with him because he lives across the county and my school and friends are in the same city as where my mum lives. I don't know what to do; I know she's entitled to her own beliefs about what's right and wrong, but obviously this has really upset me. I'm having to get a long bus to school and to see friends now to travel across the county. She's going around all her Christian friends and other people like other mums at school, calling me a faggot, slut, whatever she can. I have a 'perfect' Christian sister at uni, whom apparently I can't compare to. What can I do in this situation? Thanks you.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment