Pages

Search blog and web

I feel like the third wheel with my girlfriend

  • Thread Starter

Basically I feel like the third wheel with my girlfriend (right now I mean)...

We're in a long distance arrangement and basically we speak regularly, either via Facebook or text or phone call or Skype. The problem is, I feel as though I am like second or third wheel to her.

We have been together like nearly two months....part of this was whilst she lived here....partly also LDR. But I just feel (gut feeling) that things are not going so well. For example, whenever I try to become intimate with her (online, due to LDR) she becomes awkward. Logs off every 2 minutes.

Also, I call her a lot and recently she is always engrossed with others. For example recently, she goes to see her Father. Which is fine, she went away for a few days. But whilst she is there (and on the phone to me) she is on the phone talking to her brother whilst on phone with me. She is having a full blown conversation with him....she has never been like this before...its almost like ive seen another side to her, she is all hyper and I just generally trying to have a conversation with him...whilst asking me if I am here every couple of minutes...

Its almost as though I'm expected to be on the phone whilst they have some massive debate), some film or latest 'fad', whilst I listen, and then my girlfriend comments that she is talking to herself and that I am not listening or some other thing (in a light hearted manner, yet still i know how she means) I feel that actually she is being a little bit harsh.

She is normally fine with me most of the time, the minute she goes to visit family she is just some different person. I'm not happy that she takes the 'passive-aggressive' tone with me. Like she implied she was talking to herself. I don't she why I am expected to keep up with some conversation whilst she talks with her brother (whilst on phone to me) and then it is implied she is talking to a brick wall.

I'm sorry this never happens regularly (in fact, this is the first time I have been properly annoyed), but I just feel a little "insulted".

She never actually told me i dont listen, but its the subtle things that suggest she thinks this. For example, although it is minor, supposedly she thought I needed to get a haircut when I went to visit her, yet she never mentioned it whilst I was down. So therefore she waking on eggshells...I wish she was honest. It annoys me.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment