Pages

Search blog and web

Opinions needed--Daughters' potential boyfriend

My daughter is 23 1/2 years old and she has just graduated University in April 2014 with a Degree and is working contract until October 2014. She wants to get married in a couple of years and does not have a boyfriend yet. In her last month at University, one of her male housemates told her that he was interested in her. He is 25 years old and has been in University for 7 years and has not graduated with a Degree. He told her that he fell into depression when he could not get into Medical School and had to switch his program to Kinesiology. I don't know the details but long story short, he has now moved back home and considering starting school but not sure what field or when. I am very concerned as my daughter and him have connected as friends and he is telling her that he wants to date her with the intention of marriage. He rides his bike and takes public transit and spends his free time playing sports so I am concerned about his focus or discipli ne to accomplish his goals and I am concerned that my daughter is led down a potential path that will not be beneficial for her considering that he does not have himself together.
My daughter just told me that she wants to take the chance to get into a relationship with him since he has told her that he is intentional about marriage with her down the road. It sounds nice and promising however, his history/past does not show that what he is thinking of is a reality.
Should I talk to directly about this as my daughter really wants to take that chance with him and my gut tells me that she will be hurt down the road. He is a nice person but just not ready for a committment given that he has been in school for 7 years and has not acquired his formal education nor obtaining work experience so that he can one day support a wife and children.
I would like to get some opinions please!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment