Pages

Search blog and web

Low T is wrecking our marriage, any insight?

Apologies in advance, this will probably be long.

I love my husband. Plain and simple, without a doubt, without reservations I dearly love the man. With that being said, I am also in a very sad state and don't know what to try next.

My story is probably similar to many others and I have taken some time to read the advice given to some before I decided to post. It's just hard for me to wrap my head around it all.

Our background:
Late 30's, high school sweethearts, married over 20 yrs w/children. He works full time. I've gone back to school.

Medically I am ok, average weight for my height and pretty healthy. He is slightly overweight and started Testosterone shots 9 months ago. (Only because I gave him an ultimatum to see a doctor due to our sexless marriage and his mood swings, or I would leave.) He is now on one injection every three weeks.

My dilemma is the T therapy only helps a little. 24 hours after the shot, his mood has improved and his sex drive is back, somewhat. A couple days after his injection, I have come to expect the usual, which is 1 or 2 quickies during the daytime only, with no foreplay. Even that much is short lived though. His high lasts around 1-5 days. So the remaining time until the next shot is back to the usual no sex, no affection, poor attitude and hatefulness. He thinks its fine. He saw the doctor. He is taking the injections. And in his mind he has done his part.

I have tried explaining to him that it is only one piece of the puzzle to saving our marriage. We can't survive on a 5 good days and 16 horrible days cycle or at least I can't anyways. I've asked him to talk to his doctor again, maybe have blood work redone, anything really just to show me he is trying. I mean isn't one blood test in 9 months a little bit off? Shouldn't he have at the very least have been retested by now, to check and see where his T levels are since being on the replacement?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment