Pages

Search blog and web

Who Else Has A Messed Up/Abusive Family?

Mine were abusive - both parents and siblings. I barely even knew what it was like to have an extended family growing up, as my parents lived away from them and didn't see them more than about once a year, and when we did (they heard a bit about the abuse, and knew enough) they'd downplay the abuse and take my parents' side (Indian culture).

I never knew what normal was. I had a secret boyfriend, my parents found out, and I wasn't allowed any friends after that till I got to uni. I was forced to follow a particular religion, never watched the normal kid movies or went on holidays or celebrated a birthday party. At uni, I didn't know what to tell the few friends I made about my past, and ended up bullied, on top of my family making threatening phone calls every few days. I struggled very severely financially too (no parental support though they earned a lot so my student finance was tiny, I couldn't find part-time work and had to pay for accommodation over the holidays as I felt unsafe at home), and ended up bullied, miserable, and dropping out of university in my second year last week. I'm living off my savings in a tiny room and trying to find work now.

I'm 20, and I've never even had a proper birthday party, celebrated Easter, or Christmas, or gone on holiday, or anything like that. I have no friends and a totally ****ed up family. I feel like all my life has been worthless. And, at my age, nobody wants to make friends with you unless you're "normal/middle-class" enough and have watched all the right movies and TV shows and been on all the right holidays and aren't someone who has no childhood friends and a background she can't talk about. I'm a nice person, even my bullies said that about me, but people just stop talking to you within about 10 minutes once they realise you're totally different background wise as I am.

I've been severely depressed for longer than I can remember and could snap at any moment. Nobody cares about me, that much is certain. I'm trying to find work at the moment, but even if I do get a job, nobody's going to want to be friends with me. I have no family (I am cutting off contact with my abusive family soon) and never will and there's nothing I can do to change that.

I see people having normal lives around me and can't help but compare. I'm so stressed and unhappy it's affecting my health.

Help.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment