Pages

Search blog and web

Household chores

Hi all, new member here! I'd like to pose a question to you all. This is something that has caused a lot of grief in my marriage and has actually become something that angers me greatly.

I was a stay at home mom for years. I did work part time jobs here and there but never worked a job that would interfere with my duties as a mom. I am working part time now. Hubby agreed with my working part time, he didn't want the kids in daycare either. Three kids by the way.

Something hubby always told me was since I was a SAHM he was not responsible for the housework. The kids and house are mine. I bought into this for years. For a long time I thought it was "fair".

A hand full of years ago though it dawned on me that it really isn't all that fair, not at all. When the kids are older and all in school all day and I'm then working more, who's gonna clean the house? When the kids are even older and I'm then working full time, who's gonna clean the house? Because by his logic I won't have to anymore. Stupid.

When this light bulb finally went off in my head boy did I get angry. Really really angry. I felt like he was taking advantage of me.

But that brings up the question of what is a fair solution? Should someone who works all day have to come home and then do dishes and mow the yard? Should they have to fold laundry or vacuum?

I can't count how many times hubby has said in the past that he wished he could be the stay at home parent. Like it's a cushy job. I realize now that that is how he thinks of it. He has visions of being home with the kids and taking them fishing while I work. Literally.

So what is the solution to this?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment