Pages

Search blog and web

Bipolar or just insane?

I'll start this post granting that you, the reader, don't know everything about our past. But I love my wife, and I want to help her. I just don't know what is wrong with her.

My problem with her is that she seems to have the mind of a child. I do everything I can to make her life better, but everything I say and do is taken the wrong way. She's had some health problems. She's taking meds for depression and anxiety (which she took before I met her). But progressively, as she gets older, she seems to be getting worse... like she has the mind of a child.

She has had a hysterectomy in the past couple of years, and it seems to have gotten worse since then. She's taking hormone therapy, but still, she's just so mean!!!!!!!!!!!

She has had pain, and several surgeries since then to try to find the cause, and I am always by her side - paying for the procedures through insurance by my employer, paying the additional fees, being at her bedside, and trying to help her in any way that I can.

Her mental state is what I'm concerned about, and I'm going to give you an example from tonight, and I can assure you that this is NOT MORE than typical....

I took her to the hospital this morning at 10:30 AM, with her surgery scheduled for 1:00. I took a vacation day from work to do this, which I was more than happy to do. I stayed in the hospital until after 7 PM, with a short "break" to go get the kids from school to bring them to the hospital. I was by her side every minute the hospital staff allowed me to be - I even went back to check on her so many times, they let me in the recovery room before they were supposed to!

So, when I get in the room with her, she starts asking me what the doctor said, and I tell her - even showing her the pictures... but she's telling me I'm an "idiot" and I "didn't ask the right questions", and "how many centimeters was this adhesion", etc.. things the doctor didn't tell me, and nobody would ever think to ask in a situation like that - after all, I'm not a doctor.

Understandably, she's nauseous on the way home in the car, but every time I stop, she tells me what a bad driver I am (and this is typical, although very much untrue).

So we get home, and she has to get over the nausea from the surgery for a while, and then she asks me to get her a "Wendy's Kid's Hamburger Meal, with a Coke". She also wanted an apple pie, and asked if Wendy's had one - I didn't know. So, I go and order a hamburger kid's meal, and a coke, and they don't have an apple pie. So I go next door to Arbys, where they have an apple turnover and buy that, and think she's going to be thrilled (as I'm so often mistaken).

I get home, and she doesn't like that I've gone 2 places, even though they are right beside each other. Then she opens the food, and finds that it's a cheeseburger instead of a hamburger! OH MY GOD! She let into me for an HOUR! (And in case you're wondering, this is the norm, not because of the surgery). She went on for over an hour about how I was just concerned about myself and not her (because I had had something to eat earlier, and she didn't want a cheeseburger, but a hamburger) and she REFUSED to eat it, and REFUSED to eat it EVEN IF I WENT BACK AND GOT WHAT SHE HAD ORDERED (INSTEAD OF WHAT THEY GAVE ME THAT WAS WRONG)!!!!

I'm sitting there (for the 1000'th time) with my mouth hanging open, wondering.. WTF? You wanted THIS.. they gave me THAT... So let me go back and get what you wanted!!!

But NOoooooo!

She called me the "worst husband" and a "piece of #r$ue#u, etc, and this went on for 2 hours. I wish I could say this was an unusual night, but it's EVERY NIGHT, and always about something so TRIVIAL and CORRECTABLE!

Does ANYBODY know what I'm talking about here?

-pullinghairinpitt

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment