Pages

Search blog and web

I thought for her, but I thought wrong...

This is a bit winded, so please bare with me.

I'm happily married for 3 years, we have 2 girls ages 2-1/2 & 1. I have a 7 year daughter from a previous relationship.

Through a long and complicated series of events, I'm now in a situation where this coming weekend could be my last with my oldest daughter until she's old enough to seek me out on her own. Our youngest will be celebrating her birthday this weekend, and my wife and I believe that birthdays are special occasions to be relished by the celebrate-ee.

Because of the circumstances with my oldest, my mother requested if she could bring a hold-over Christmas present to the party. I said yes before consulting my wife about it. After talking to my wife about it, she got very upset that I didn't talk to her about it first. When I asked her "Would you have said 'no'?", she said of course not. So I said "I didn't think you would, so I gave the ok."

Now I know that major decisions need to be discussed first, but I didn't consider this to be a major decision. Frankly I'm appalled that she would want me to ask her first, because I couldn't imagine her saying anything but 'yes'. I'm just lost and confused and wondering if I did wrong, or if this is more grey than I realize.

Thank you in advance for help.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment